Get ahead of breakfast with this quick and nutritious overnight oat recipe, featuring one of nature’s more powerful superfruits!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon zest
- Add the old fashioned oats, almond milk, lavender, coconut, wild blueberries, and 2 tbsp maple syrup to a medium mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. The mixture should turn light purple.
- Spoon the oat mixture into two clear serving cups, cover the cups and refrigerate overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp maple syrup. Store the yogurt mixture in the fridge until serving.
- When ready to serve, add a dollop of lemon yogurt to each cup of overnight oats. Garnish with lemon zest, and a leftover frozen Wild Blueberries.
Bethany C. 24 days ago
I didn't follow the directions exactly yet it came out delicious and I've made it a couple times now. I mixed things directly in 2 separate mason jars. I skipped steps 3 and 4, added ~1TB lemon juice and 1 tsp chia seeds to each jar. I didn't have old fashioned oats on hand. Instead I used 1/4 cup steel cut oats and 1/4 cup oat bran in each jar. I also went heavy on the lavender (1 tsp in each) because that's the ingredient I was craving. Definitely worth making again when I want a yummy breakfast I can grab on the go.