Layer cakes are not only beautiful when they are cut and plated, they also are rich and provide the perfect space to add extra flavors and textures between the layers. This recipe for Wild Blackberries and Whipped Cream Layer Cake is the perfect cake to bring to an intimate special event or celebration. The sweetness of blackberries is combined with creamy layers and rich and decadent cake. We hope you love it as much as we do. Happy baking!
- 250 grams butter
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 320 grams granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 80 milliliters milk
- 300 grams flour (sifted)
- 6 grams baking powder
- pink food coloring
- 500 grams heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the bowl and the whisk from a stand mixer in the refrigerator.
- Butter three cake tins.
- Beat the butter, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, 220 grams of sugar until the mixture is perfectly light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing after each addition.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Stir in the sifted flour and baking powder in two increments.
- Mix until you get a smooth batter. Separate your batter into three bowls, then add the food coloring so you have two dark pink mixtures and one very light pink one.
- Pour the batter into the three cake tins and bake for 30 minutes.
- Unmold them and let cool on a rack.
- Prepare your whipped cream. Retrieve the bowl and the whisk of the stand mixer from the fridge. Pour the liquid cream into the cold bowl and whisk it. When it begins to stiffen, add 100 grams of granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of liquid vanilla extract. Stop whisking when the cream forms stiff peaks.
- To assemble the layer cake; take a dark pink cake, top it generously with whipped cream, put the pale pink cake on top, and so on.
- Then spread the whipped cream with a spatula around your cake. Do a thin layer to begin with, then refrigerate the cake for about 1 hour before topping it with another layer.
- Once frosted, fill a pastry bag with the remaining whipped cream and form small peaks as shown in the picture.
- Arrange the blackberries in the center of the top of the layer cake.
- Place it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.