Wholewheat Nut BreadOn dine chez Nanou
There is nothing better than smelling some homemade bread baking in the oven. This recipe for Whole Wheat Nut Bread is rich, flavorful and perfect for toast or sandwiches. Each piece is packed with seeds, spices and dried fruits. Instead of using regular milk, this recipe calls for coconut milk, which adds another layer of sweetness to the already delicious bread. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the results to come out of the oven.
- 40 grams flax seeds
- 40 grams pumpkin seeds
- 40 grams sunflower seeds
- 120 grams dried date
- 120 grams dried apricot
- 120 grams dried fig
- 220 grams whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 120 grams brown sugar
- coconut milk (10 cl.)
- 40 grams walnuts (chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 340F.
- 2Spread the flax, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes until well browned. Stir occasionally.
- 3Chop the dates, apricots, and figs into large pieces with a knife. Place in a bowl.
- 4Mix the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger. Add to the bowl with the dried fruits and mix.
- 5Mix in the beaten eggs, a pinch of salt, and sugar.
- 6Add the coconut milk and mix.
- 7Stir in the walnuts and roasted seeds.
- 8Pour the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- 9Bake for 50 minutes. Let cool before unmolding.
- 10If, after 50 minutes, the bread is undercooked, then cover it with aluminum foil, and bake an additional 20 minutes.