The best part about the morning. We know how you feel about Waffles and that is why we couldn't dissapoint when delivering you with our Whole-grain Waffles recipe. Don't believe this is the best Whole-grain Waffles recipe out there? Try it for yourself and let us know about your experience in the comments below. You can also give this Whole-grain Waffles recipe a star rating for other users to follow along.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup white flour
- 1/8 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/8 cup sugar (mascabado, may substitute dark brown sugar)
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the milk with the vinegar and set aside for 15 minutes. Add the oatmeal and set aside for 15 more minutes.
- Mix the flours, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Mix the egg, sugar, oil, and vanilla into the oatmeal mixture. Add to the dry ingredients, mixing slightly to incorporate.
- Heat the waffle iron and pour in a ladleful of batter and allow to cook through. Time will vary according to the particular waffle iron being used.
- Leftover waffles may be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen, to be later heated in the oven or on a hot skillet.
|Calories100Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.