Breadsticks are best when they can be broken with friends and family. This recipe for Whole Wheat Twisted Bread Sticks or Danish Bread Sticks are hearty and healthy treat served with any meal. The rye and wheat flours are perfect paired with the crushed grains and beer for a delicious bread worthy of sopping up your favorite sauces. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy them as much as we do.
- 100 gr. crushed grains
- 1 deciliter hot water
- beer (25 cl., with low alcohol level)
- 50 grams yeast
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams rye flour
- 350 grams wheat flour
- Soak the rye grain in a bowl with the warm water for 1 hour.
- Mix the yeast with a little beer and then put all the ingredients in the mixer bowl along with the rest of the beer.
- Knead for 5 minutes on medium speed. Let rise for 1 hour in a warm, draft-free place.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/2 centimeter thick and shape a 20 centimeter by 15 centimeter rectangle.
- Cut 1 1/2 centimeter wide strips of dough and twist them.
- Bake for 40 minutes.