Whole Wheat Pasta with Italian Olive SauceLa Cocinera Con Prisa
If you want a somewhat traditional pasta dinner, then try this hearty and robust dish. This Whole Wheat Pasta with Italian Olive Sauce takes 30 minutes to prepare and is only 160 calories. It is perfect as a light weeknight dinner or paired with a steak or chicken. This recipe combines whole wheat spaghetti with hearty ingredients to make a decadent side dish the whole family will love. Happy cooking!
- 1 package whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 onions (medium, diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onions (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 500 grams tomatoes (peeled whole)
- 1 tablespoon bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1 cup black olives (mixed green and, sliced in half)
- parmesan cheese
- 1While the water for the pasta is coming to a boil, saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil for 3 minutes
- 2Add the carrot and celery, let cook at medium heat for two minutes, then add salt and pepper.
- 3Add the tomatoes and bouillon. Let cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Blend the sauce for a few seconds in the blender so that it remains chunky.
- 5Return the sauce little by little to the pan on high heat. After a minute, lower the heat and add the bay leaves. Add a little bit of pasta water if the sauce seems too thick.
- 6Add the olives and the butter.
- 7Serve over the pasta, sprinkle with grated cheese.
PER SERVING *
|Calories160Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.