Whole Wheat Fig PieLE RICETTE DI MICOL
Welcome the autumn season with this delicious recipe for Whole Wheat Fig Pie. The crust for this pie is made from a mixture of nut and whole wheat flours. Lightly flavored with grated tonka bean, the crust is sweetened with raw sugar. Filled with a rich fig and vanilla jam, the filling for this pie is topped with a bit of the crust that has been crumbled. For best results, prepare the dough beforehand so that it can be refrigerated for at least an hour, overnight is better.
- 60 grams flour (mixed, almond, walnut, and hazelnut)
- 60 grams whole wheat flour
- 60 grams raw sugar
- 100 grams salted butter (cut into pieces)
- 1 egg yolk
- bean (Grated Tonka)
- 10 figs (ripe)
- 3 Tbsp. raw sugar
- lemon juice
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- To prepare the pie crust, prepare the mixed flour by grinding almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts. Grind the nuts to a fine flour for a total weight of 60 grams, not necessarily in equal parts.
- Add the mixed flour to the whole wheat flour with the raw sugar, a pinch of grated Tonka bean, and the butter. Use the tips of your fingers to quickly combine all the ingredients together to an oatmeal-like consistency.
- Add the egg yolk and knead until the dough is soft and uniform in consistency.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories480Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes