Whole Wheat Crostini with Whipped GorgonzolaKitchenAid
These pretty and flavorful crostini can be prepared a day ahead of time and assembled before serving.
- 1 whole wheat baguette (cut diagonally in ½” slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beets (large, 3” x 3”)
- 2 large carrots (1½”–2” diameter, peeled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (divided)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (minced)
- 8 reduced fat cream cheese (‐ounces)
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (toasted*)
- 2 tablespoons chives (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange baguette slices on large baking sheet. Lightly brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toast in oven for 6-‐7 minutes, turn toasts over and bake for another 6-‐7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Can be made a day ahead and stored in airtight container.
- 2Turn oven up to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or spray with non-‐stick cooking spray. Trim ends off beets and carrots. Use medium spiralizing blade and peeling blade to make peeled beet spirals and use the medium spiralizing blade to make carrot spirals. Place the carrots in a medium bowl and toss them with half the olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Arrange the carrots on one side of the prepared baking sheet. Place the beets in the bowl and repeat the process of dressing them and arranging on the other side of the baking sheet. (The carrots and beets are kept separate so the beets don’t bleed on the carrots.) Roast for 12-‐15 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown. Can be made a day ahead, then cooled and refrigerated.
- 3While the vegetables are roasting, make the whipped Gorgonzola. Combine all the ingredients in stand mixer bowl and use flat beater to mix on low until combined and then high for a minute to whip. Can be made a day ahead and stored in refrigerator.
- 4Assemble crostini by spreading toasts with 2 teaspoons whipped Gorgonzola, top with roasted beets and carrots. Then sprinkle with walnuts, chives and a drizzle of olive oil.
Gorgonzola Crescent AppetizersL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Pear-Gorgonzola Crostini AppetizerPeonies And Pears
Polenta Rounds with Caramelized Onions and Gorgonzola Cheese AppetizersDish It Girl
Bruschetta With Gorgonzola Cheese And HoneyCDKitchen
Zucchini Chips With Gorgonzola CheeseFood Republic
Cranberry Bacon Pecan Crostini with Gorgonzola AppetizerRuralmom
Apricot Gorgonzola Cheese SpreadCrumbs and Chaos
Gorgonzola Garlic BreadLife in the Lofthouse
Fruity Cream of WheatEveryDay with Rachael Ray
WHEAT NANKHATAIKushi's Kitchen
Whole Wheat BunsAllergy Girl Eats
Homemade Wheat ThinsAmy's Healthy Baking
Homemade Wheat Thin CrackersSmitten Kitchen
Honey Whole WheatTried and Tasty