The best breads are hearty and flavorful. This Whole Wheat Bread with Sesame Seeds and Almond Flakes takes 105 minutes to make and will fill your home with decadent aromas. How can you make this aromatic bread even better? Serve this bread warm with butter or cold with your favorite toppings for a sandwich you will crave. So grab the ingredients, bake the bread, and enjoy your lunches this week.
- 250 grams flour (type 55)
- 250 grams whole wheat flour
- 5 grams bakers yeast
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 300 milliliters warm water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- olive oil (to taste, for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place flours, yeast, and salt in a bowl, and mix well.
- Pour this mixture on a working surface, and make a hole in the middle.
- Gradually, pour the water in the hole, mixing from the inside out, so the water does not spill out.
- Knead for about 10 minutes until the dough starts to get a bit elastic.
- Make a ball with the dough, place in an oiled bowl, cover with a cloth or plastic wrap. Let rise in a dry, warm, and draftless place for about two hours, or until doubled in size.
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper, and pour in the dough.
- Brush with water, and sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and almond flakes. Let the dough rest for another 1/2 an hour.
- Bake at 180 degrees, for approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- If you put a small bowl of water in the baking tray, or even put a bit of water in the tray itself when the oven is hot, it helps to create steam, so that the bread has a crunchier crust.
PER SERVING *
|Calories520Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.