The mundane routine of dinner can be difficult to surpass. It is important to keep new recipe in your back pocket in case you are feeling sick of the ordinary. Here is one for the books. Try our Whole Wheat Bread Rolls. They are not only healthy but packed with flavor. Try this Whole Wheat Bread Rolls recipe out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Dissolve the yeast with the 1/2 cup water in a bowl. Mix well and let it sit while the other ingredients are being prepared.
- Add the butter and honey to a bowl and stir them together with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs to the honey mixture and mix. Add the milk and yeast mixture to the bowl. Add the milk slowly, paying attention to the texture of the mixture. It seems to be too dry, continue adding milk.
- Add the flour and salt and continue mixing.
- Knead the dough by hand for 2 to 3 minutes on a floured work surface.
- Place the dough in a bowl covered in plastic wrap for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C)
- Take small portions of the dough and form small, round rolls with your hand (make 24 rolls approximately).
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet which has been sprayed with oil. Make sure there is about 2 inches of space between each role.
- Cover the tray with plastic wrap and let it sit for another hour.
- Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once the rolls are finished, cover them with a light layer of butter and cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories150Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|