Whole Wheat Bread RollsMadeleine Cocina
The mundane routine of dinner can be difficult to surpass. It is important to keep new recipe in your back pocket in case you are feeling sick of the ordinary. Here is one for the books. Try our Whole Wheat Bread Rolls. They are not only healthy but packed with flavor. Try this Whole Wheat Bread Rolls recipe out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1Dissolve the yeast with the 1/2 cup water in a bowl. Mix well and let it sit while the other ingredients are being prepared.
- 2Add the butter and honey to a bowl and stir them together with an electric mixer.
- 3Add the eggs to the honey mixture and mix. Add the milk and yeast mixture to the bowl. Add the milk slowly, paying attention to the texture of the mixture. It seems to be too dry, continue adding milk.
- 4Add the flour and salt and continue mixing.
- 5Knead the dough by hand for 2 to 3 minutes on a floured work surface.
- 6Place the dough in a bowl covered in plastic wrap for an hour.
- 7Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C)
- 8Take small portions of the dough and form small, round rolls with your hand (make 24 rolls approximately).
- 9Place the rolls on a baking sheet which has been sprayed with oil. Make sure there is about 2 inches of space between each role.
- 10Cover the tray with plastic wrap and let it sit for another hour.
- 11Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 12Once the rolls are finished, cover them with a light layer of butter and cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories150Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.