Whole Wheat Biscuits with Smoked Paprika and ChivesKITCHENAID
Savory biscuits, warm from the oven, are a welcome addition to the dinner table, or served at brunch with thinly sliced country ham. They can even be made with a small biscuit cutter and turned into crowd-friendly hors d’oeuvres. To keep the biscuits tender and light, make sure the cream is refrigerator cold, and handle the dough with a gentle touch when you turn the dough out onto a lightly floured counter; just a quick knead pulls the dough together. Use a pastry brush to lightly coat the tops with cream, and avoid drips down the sides as they prevent the biscuits from rising evenly. For a final flourish, sprinkle each biscuit with flake sea salt and add a little touch of freshly ground pepper on top. Uses KitchenAid® Stand Mixer and Sifter + Scale Attachment.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 3 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- flake sea salt (for sprinkling)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Special Equipment: KitchenAid® Stand Mixer; KitchenAid® Sifter + Scale Attachment; Large rimmed baking sheet; parchment paper; 2 1/2-in/6.25-cm biscuit cutter; pastry brush
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC/gas 4. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Attach the KitchenAid® Sifter + Scale Attachment to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer fitted with the flat beater. Close the ingredient valve. Weigh the flours (6 oz whole wheat, 6 oz all-purpose), sugar (2 oz), baking powder (0.56 oz), smoked paprika (0.24 oz), and salt (0.08 oz) in the ingredient hopper, taring the scale between ingredients. Turn the mixer to medium-low speed, open the ingredient valve, and sift the flour mixture into the mixing bowl. Turn off the mixer.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories320Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes