Make coffee time a whole lot sweeter and a bit healthier with this recipe for Whole Wheat Biscotti with Chestnut Flour. Made with a combination of whole wheat and chestnut flours, the biscotti dough uses marsala wine as the liquid element to create a sweet richly flavored dough. Stuffed full with white chocolate chunks and chopped almonds and walnuts, these Whole Wheat Biscotti with Chestnut Flour will bring a smile to any biscotti lover's face.
- 75 grams whole wheat flour
- 100 grams chestnut flour
- 2 small eggs
- 90 grams raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 50 grams white chocolate (chopped coarsely)
- 25 grams almonds (with skin)
- 25 grams walnuts (chopped coarsely)
- Beat the eggs with the sugar in a bowl to combine well.
- Sift the two types of flour with the baking powder and add to the beaten eggs. Next, add the Marsala wine.
- Add the whole almonds, the walnuts and the white chocolate and combine quickly to incorporate.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and shape the dough into a loaf approximately 5 centimeters wide and 2 centimeters thick.
- Bake at 180C for at least 25 minutes, then remove the loaf from the oven and cut it on a bias into 2 centimeter slices.
- Bake the slices, on their sides, in the oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to toast them.
- Remove the biscotti from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.