Who Said You Need To Pay $4 For A Cupcake When You Can Make Your Own?FOODISTA
Remove All from Shopping List
- In a small bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together sugar and softened butter. Add half the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined (do not overmix otherwise cakes will come out firm). Add milk and egg whites and continue to beat on low until all combined. Scrape sides of bowl. Add remaining flour mix and mix on low until everything is blended. Stir in vanilla using a spatula.
- If using babycakes machine, add 2 tbsp of batter into each cup and bake as instructed. If using conventional oven, add 2 tbsp batter to each mini cupcake pan cups and bake at about 350 degrees for 10 -15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a rack for 10-15 minutes. Pipe on frosting and top with a raspberry and its ready!
- In a large boil mix together the melted butter and cocoa powder. Using a handmixer, blend together mixture with sugar until its all incorporated. Add 1 tbsp at a time of milk. Add more or less milk depending on desired thickness. I added about 3 tbsp and it was thick and creamy. Stir in the vanilla.