Sometimes when you are scouring through recipes to find the perfect one that will satisfy your sweet tooth and put smiles on your loved ones faces. This recipe for Whiting Fish Cakes combines three perfectly paired ingredients with a decadent and he…
rty taste that will leave your guests satisfied. The Whiting Fish Cakes recipe is a smooth and rich treat. If you want to experience pure palate pleasure, then try these sweet treats.
- 200 grams potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 300 grams whiting (or hake)
- 1 green onion (small)
- parsley (A little)
- chilli (A little of, totally optional)
- 1 lime
- rice flour (to dip in batter)
- Boil potatoes for about 15 minutes (or cook in the microwave for 5 minutes). Drain well and mash with a fork to form a purée.
- Remove the bones and skin from the fish and then shred. Dice the green onion and parsley (and chili if using). Zest the lime and mix everything with the mashed potatoes, add salt and pepper to taste and let cool for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Form the fish cakes as if they were more or less than a centimeter thick burgers . Flour them and place in the freezer for ten minutes.
- Put a little oil in the frying pan and fry the fish cakes until they are golden.
- Serve with lime slices and sprinkle just before serving.