- Peel white asparagus from the tip to the base.
- Coarsely chop asparagus, reserving a few tips for garnish.
- Chop the potato, leek and green asparagus.
- Cook vegetables in boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, cook reserved asparagus tips in boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- For the soup, remove part of broth and set aside.
- With an immersion blender, puree the cooked vegetables and a pat of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add broth until the desired consistency is reached.
- Drain asparagus tips.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and sauté asparagus tips.
- Season to taste with salt.
- To serve, arrange asparagus tips with soup and garnish with chopped chives.