- 3 pounds chicken thighs (or drumsticks, or both)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (medium, diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 stalks celery (finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup dry white wine (or dry vermouth)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence (or 1 tsp each of rosemary, thyme, basil and oregano)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or half-and-half)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh)
PER SERVING *
|Calories750Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sue R. 13 days ago
Descai 19 Sep
Tasted wonderful. Unlike any chicken I’ve ever had. The lavender in the herbs really comes out. Did add flour to thicken mine instead of corn starch. And I added extra heavy cream to have more sauce. Would make again!
Hey Pretty Chef! 25 Feb
It is delicious! Made a few changes. I baked the chicken to give it a dark look. I added parmesan cheese to the sauce since I did not have cream or corn starch.
Jonitta F. 24 Nov 2017
This was a great dish. I had to modify it since I didn’t have some of the ingredients but it worked out in the end. Didn’t have anymore carrots so I utilized bell peppers nor did I have heavy cream so I left that out. Added some red pepper flakes and onion powder for a little something extra which really helped. My white wine was Pinot Grigio. I had to also finish mine off in the oven with the sauce so that the color would remain golden and not have that boiled look on the skin of the chicken since my pan wasn’t large enough for all the chicken.
Anna Elseth 19 Nov 2017
UH-mazing. This looked like a lot of work but it was so easy and it couldn't have turned out better. This recipe is a keeper for sure.
Dean Ski 25 Sep 2017
Good & easy! Total time a about an hour and a half. Served over egg noodles
Carol P. 18 Apr 2016
Absolutely delicious I love love this dish. I will be making it again... My family went crazy over this dish as well....
Marilyn H. 28 Feb 2016
I had to adjust amounts for three people and the thighs I had, but it was delicious.. I will certainly make it again with both drumsticks and thighs.
Amber G. 11 Aug 2015
I can't believe this doesn't have a review. I never review recipes. Made this last night and it was freaking delicious! The whole family agreed. Enough for leftovers which my husband and daughter ate this morning for breakfast. Still tasted great. Thanks for the recipe! :)