White Eggplant Cream with AlmondsOn dine chez Nanou
Eggplant is a rich and hearty nutritious sun vegetable, that when prepared properly, is a real palate pleaser. This recipe for White Eggplant Cream with Almonds is a perfect appetizer for a small dinner party or intimate dinner with a loved one. It is also a wonderful afternoon snack. It is bursting with flavor and pairs perfectly with the toasted almonds. Eat it with a spoon or dip your favorite breads, crackers or vegetables.
- 2 eggplant (large)
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons almonds (puree)
- slivered almonds
- 1Peel and dice the eggplants. Place them in a saucepan with 4 cups of water and salt to taste.
- 2Bring to boil.
- 3Reduce to low heat.
- 4Cover and let cook for 20 minutes until the eggplant is soft.
- 5In the blender, mix the eggplant, yogurt, and almond puree until you have a smooth cream.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Toast the almonds in a pan and sprinkle over the cream. Eat cold.