White Chocolate Trifle with FruitReceitas Da Felicidade!
You'll need to begin this recipe the day before it will be served, so plan accordingly. The reason why is that for the dessert to get to that point where the cookies (store-bought) soften just enough, and the white chocolate whipped cream firms up enough to be spoonable, it needs to chill at least overnight. Besides, when entertaining, having a make ahead dessert means you can focus on the rest of the meal the eve of the party.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3 cans milk (using the same can size as the can of condensed milk)
- 80 grams corn starch
- 2 white chocolate (baking squares)
- 2 packets shortbread cookies
- 200 milliliters cream (whipped)
- frozen mixed berries (to taste)
- 1Prepare the day before.
- 2Measure out 3 cans of milk, using the can from the condensed milk. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 cans of milk.
- 3In a non-stick saucepan, combine the condensed milk, and milk/cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until thickened.
- 4Turn off the heat and dissolve 1 chocolate square in the mix, stirring well until it melts and fully combines.
- 5Let cool, then add the whipped cream, and set aside.
- 6Dip the cookies in the remaining can of milk, and place in a serving dish.
- 7Pour a layer of cream on top.
- 8Add another layer of cookies.
- 9Add the last layer of cream.
- 10Garnish with the remaining grated chocolate and red fruits.