White Chocolate Mousse with Lavender Extract and BlueberriesYerbabuena en la Cocina
The scent of lavender wafting through the air may just bring back memories of the outdoors during summer time. White chocolate mixed with blueberries gives this dessert an alluring sense of sweet and strong flavors. Try substituting different berries and colors for different occasions.
- 225 grams white chocolate (chopped)
- 400 milliliters cream
- 50 grams sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 5 sheets gelatin (may substitute 1 1/4 tbsps. gelatin powder)
- extract (Lavender)
- food coloring (Purple)
- 1Soak the gelatin sheets.
- 2Place part of the cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the chocolate and drained gelatin. Stir until completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- 3Beat the rest of the cream with the sugar until it stiffens. Add the lavender extract and food coloring. Carefully mix into the chocolate mixture.
- 4Beat the eggs until peaks are formed and carefully fold into the cream mixture.
- 5Pour into ramekins and refrigerate for a few hours. Decorate with the blueberries to serve.