A great one-dish meal to warm the family up after a day of shovelling or raking leaves. Complete the meal with a leafy green salad.
- 3 boneless pork chops (cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (sliced)
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 15 ounces great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 4 ounces diced green chiles (drained)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounces cornbread mix
- 4 tablespoons monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil; add onion and celery and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add pork and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer mixture to a 4-quart casserole.
- Stir in the broth, beans, chiles, cilantro, chli powder, ground cumin and pepper. Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F. oven for 20 minutes, stirring
- Prepare the corn bread mix according to package directions. Remove the chili from the oven. Spoon corn bread batter over the chili. Return to the oven. Bake for 25 minutes longer or until corn bread topping is golden brown. To serve, sprinkle with cheese.