- 1 1/2 cups dried navy beans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands Garlic Powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Spice Islands Ground Cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (diced into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Corn Oil
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 14 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 5/16 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped cilantro
- Soak beans in four cups of water overnight.
- Combine flour, garlic, cumin, oregano and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Place chicken in bag and gently toss with flour mixture to completely coat.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add chicken to skillet.
- Sauté chicken until lightly browned about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove any floating beans; drain water and place beans in slow cooker.
- Add vegetables, chicken broth, 1/2 cup salsa verde and water to the slow cooker.
- Place chicken in slow cooker; stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until beans are tender.
- Stir in remaining salsa verde, evaporated milk, cheese and cilantro. Serve with sliced jalapenos and additional cilantro, if desired.
|Calories180Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
Elsa A. 4 Aug 2018
Excellent! I will definitely be making it again!