- 8 ounces skinless chicken breast (cooked, shredded)
- 30 ounces great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 8 ounces green chiles (chopped)
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups onion (chopped)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (medium, seeded and minced)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
|Calories290Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jon 8 days ago
Easy to make with big bold flavors. I added additionally lime and cilantro, big fan of that flavor combo. For time sake I used already cooked rotisserie chicken. Definitely a go to any night of the week!!
Shannon Kay 27 days ago
Go easy on the lime juice because otherwise it will be spicy but have a strong taste of lime. I added more chili powder than recommended and some more broth because I had more chicken and beans.
Jessica C. 8 Oct 2018
Family loved it! I added some white rice and corn. That was a hit as well.
Carol S. 4 Aug 2018
Awesome, although it did take me and a half. I added fresh Colorado corn
Dana McGhee 22 Jul 2018
This was really good! I usually tweak a recipe but not needed for this one! I did mash the beans to make the stock a little thicker. And I eliminated the sour cream and cilantro as I’m not a fan. This will be on regular rotation.
Kat B. 21 May 2018
I did it on the Crock-Pot, and it was delicious. I didn't cook the onions or garlic ahead of time, and threw everything but the cilantro in at the same time and let it go for 2 hrs.
Bell 19 Feb 2018
Very good and tasty.
Ebony Irvin 18 Jan 2018
It turned out fantastic!! Very easy
Stephanie Erin 7 Nov 2016
For how very simple this recipe is, it's really interesting and delicious. I used a rotisserie chicken (and saved some chicken, didn't need to use it all). I also added a red bell pepper just for color. Skipped the sour cream to cut a few calories. Overall this recipe is perfectly easy, quick, spicy, and savory on a cold day.
Chris 17 Sep 2016
I thought it was wonderful! I used boneless thighs, no lime, no sour cream, no jalapenos but I did add lots of celery and it was delicious. Its a keeper!!