- 2 kilograms white asparagus spears (cleaned and peeled.)
- 60 grams butter (to cook with the asparagus)
- 500 grams new potatoes (if they are in season, boiled in their skins)
- 6 hard boiled eggs (x medium sized, chopped finely)
- parsley (A small handful of finely chopped flat leaved)
- 1 chives (x tbsp, roughly of finely chopped)
- 500 grams sliced ham (good quality)
- 100 grams butter (to melt and clarify as a sauce)
- black pepper
- Place the asparagus in a large pan. Add water from a recently boiled kettle to cover them generously. Add some salt and the 60gr / 2 oz. butter. Cook the asparagus for about 7 minutes at a gentle boil. Once the asparagus has had 7 minutes, it should be almost ready. You can check by spearing the thickest part with a sharp knife. If the knife goes in quite easily, with only very little resistance it is ready. Place your slices of ham in the pan, cover it with a tight fitting lid, take it off the heat and set aside for 2 minutes.
- Mix the chopped eggs with the parsley and the chives, add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the 100gr / 3.5 oz. butter in a pan. When it melts a sort of scum will appear, scoop this off with a metal spoon. This clarifies your butter.
- Serve the asparagus on your plates, all facing neatly in the same direction. Place the egg and herb mix over the thick end of the asparagus and the ham and potatoes on either side. Drizzle each plate with some melted, clarified butter.
PER SERVING *
|Calories700Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.