- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups Swans Down Cake Flour (sifted)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar (sifted)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Reduce mixer speed to low. Alternately add flour and cream to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 11⁄2 hours, or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Pour Glaze over cake. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Sweet Cream Glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and butter. Add cream until desired consistency is reached. Stir in vanilla. Use immediately.