Wheat Germ and Pine Nut BreadAnanás e Hortelã
Wheat germ is a great way to boost the fiber content and also flavor of bread doughs such as this one, which is made with whole wheat flour (a more nutritious choice than white flour). Pine nuts add crunch and also flavor, while honey and oil add moistness and subtle sweetness. Even though you can prepare the dough in the bread machine, this recipe calls for baking it in a traditional oven.
- 400 milliliters water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 470 grams whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons wheat (gerrm)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 150 grams pinenuts
- 1In a bread machine pan, add all the ingredients in the order listed.
- 2Program on the dough cycle.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4Grease a loaf pan with butter and sprinkle with whole wheat flour.
- 5Place the dough in the pan, sprinkle the top with whole wheat flour and make a few cuts on the surface.
- 6Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and unmold.