- 10 grams baker's yeast
- 500 grams flour
- 350 milliliters water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a bowl, mix flour and salt and make a well in the middle.
- Mix yeast in warm water and pour into the well.
- Mix well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with flour and cover the bowl with a damp cloth.
- Let rest for 2 hours until dough doubles in volume. Place dough on a floured surface and roll out into a rectangle.
- Fold one of the shorter ends halfway over middle of dough and press with palm.
- Repeat steps with the other side. Roll out dough again and repeat steps.
- Turn bread.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Dust with flour.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F) and bake for 30 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.