- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (use lesser amount for a bit less heat)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion (small, finely diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (small, seeded and finely diced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (seeded and finely diced)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (small, seeds and ribs removed, finely diced)
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup tomato (drained canned chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root (peeled, grated)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley, for garnish)
PER SERVING *
|Calories680Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Marie-France Briand 12 days ago
It was as delicious as our market stew!
Michael Loyd Jr. 11 Dec 2017
Wow, tried this tonight. I'm not a good cook yet - this is my first meal I've ever cooked. WOW!
Chiedza H. 17 May 2017
It turned out amazing..everyone in my house loved it ..i would definitely make it again. I highly recommend it
Tiffany Bridgeman 18 Feb 2017
I made it exactly as directed. It was very good but I thought it was a little bland. I like my food with a little more flavor. Maybe extra peanut butter and some chopped peanuts on top would have helped.
Tim Schulte 3 Mar 2016
Delicious dish which reminded me of my childhood and all the savory dishes that blended French cooking and African ingredients.