- 2 pounds ground beef (fresh)
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 29 ounces tomato puree
- 15 ounces red beans (drained)
- 15 ounces pinto beans (drained)
- 1 onion (large, chopped, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup chili powder (you may want to use less, as some people find this is too much)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (if you like real flavor, add more)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
|Calories410Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Pierre Penn 9 Dec 2018
It’s was great. Family loved it.
Al b. 2 Dec 2018
Nice but nothing wow, just normal chili. Quite spicy. Served it with onion cornbread.
Danny/Mary 23 Nov 2018
Our family really liked it! We like things a little spicier so are planning on adding jalapeños next time, but other than that this is definitely our “go-to” chili recipe from now on
Gary Brim 10 Nov 2018
Great will be fixing it again
Jeannine Horton 9 Nov 2018
tasted great! will definetly make again
Baima 31 Aug 2018
I liked it! At first it looked a little soupy but it turned out fine. I managed the recipe a little because there was a lot of spice to add. Very good, definitely a new chili recipe for keeps!
Hope Taylor 19 Mar 2018
I’ve made this recipe countless times and it’s become my go to chili recipe! We love a super meaty chili so I use 3 lbs ground beef instead of 2. My daughter also doesn’t like anything super spicy so we cut the chili powder in half and it’s perfect!
Boy Mom (x2) 20 Feb 2018
This is the best chili I’ve ever had!! Although Wendy’s is my favorite! Made a ton, froze the rest for a rainy day!
Ray 17 Feb 2018
Oh yeah, this is definitely a keeper! Super easy, super fast, and super tasty! It doesn’t quite taste like Wendy’s chili, but in my opinion it tastes better. My wife and I loved it. Thanks for a great recipe!
Smith 13 Dec 2017
My family loves this recipe! I have made it around 8 times now. To save time I have made up triple batches of the spices and keep them in a large mason jar ready to go at any time. I use V-8 instead of tomato juice because we are more likely to have it in the house. I think V-8 adds a lot of flavor.Enjoy!
Julie Hoaks Foushi 22 Oct 2016
Great chili, hit the spot on a cold fall day in Indiana!! Easy and fast recipe. Thank you for sharing!