If you enjoy trying different ethnic dishes as much as we do, then you will love this Welsh Rarebit recipe. The robust and flavorful ingredients, such as cheese, beer and ham are packed into your favorite bread and broiled in the oven for a sandwich that is worth the wait. You can serve this up with your favorite salad or hearty side dish for a decadent and rewarding complete meal.
- 400 grams cheddar cheese
- beer (10 cl.)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 4 slices bread
- 2 slices ham
- 1Cut cheddar into small pieces so that it melts faster.
- 2Put it in a saucepan and melt on low heat while stirring.
- 3When the cheddar is melted, add the beer and mustard and continue to stir until the mixture is liquid.
- 4Soak the pieces of bread in beer.
- 5Place the soaked slices of bread in the dish (or on individual plates) and cover with mustard.
- 6Add the ham (cut into strips) and cover with the cheddar cheese sauce.
- 7Broil in the oven.