®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Wasabi Marinated Pork with Cherry Tomato SalsaPORK
Wasabi Marinated Pork with Cherry Tomato Salsa
Recipe courtesy of Patrick Mulvaney of Mulvaney’s Building & Loan Restaurant, Sacramento, California on behalf of National Pork Board.
- For Wasabi Pork: Mix 2 oz wasabi powder, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 Tbs rice vinegar, and 1 Tbs sesame oil in a small bowl. Stir in enough water to make a thick paste. Place pork steaks on large pieces of plastic wrap; spread wasabi paste on both sides of steaks. Wrap steaks in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for three hours or overnight.
- Remove pork steaks 15 to 20 minutes before grilling; let stand at room temperature. Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Just before grilling use a table knife to remove about half of the wasabi paste from the pork steaks. Spread remaining wasabi paste in an even, thin layer on both sides of pork steak. Grill pork steaks, uncovered, over direct heat for 12-16 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 155 degrees F., turning steaks over halfway during grilling. Transfer steaks to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes.
- For Cherry Tomato Salsa: Meanwhile, for salsa, stir together 1 Tbs oil, 2 tsp garlic and 1/4 tsp salt in small bowl. Cut tomatoes crosswise in half; add to garlic mixture in bowl. Add 1/2 cup cilantro. Toss until tomatoes are evenly coated. Season to taste with black pepper. Let salsa stand at room temperature for 10 to 30 minutes before serving to blend flavors.
- For Chile Oil: Crush Anaheim chile; place in small, heavy saucepan. Add 1/2 cup peanut oil and heat oil to about 200 degrees F. Remove from heat. Cover and let seep for one hour. Strain and keep cool in a sealed jar. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- To Serve: Place cooked rice in the middle of serving platter or dinner plates, arrange vegetables (zucchini and yellow squash) around perimeter. Thinly slice pork across the grain and fan over the mound(s) of rice. Top with tomato salsa. Put Chili Oil and 2 tablespoons soy sauce into separate squirt bottles. Apply in over lapping pools, making pretty design. Serve warm and enjoy.