- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 anchovy fillets in oil (drained)
- 3 drops Tabasco Sauce
- 2 slices sourdough bread (crusts removed, cut into small cubes)
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (finely, plus additional, to serve)
- 9 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 cup spinach (baby leaf)
- 2 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- 24 large shrimp (cooked, peeled and deveined)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon (sliced)
- 1 red onion (small, thinly sliced)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and chopped)
- For the dressing, process all ingredients in a blender or small food processor until well blended. Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the bread on the pan and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 5-10 mins. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water according to the package directions. Drain well. Toss with the spinach leaves in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet on medium heat. Cook the bacon for 2-3 mins, until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Add the bacon, shrimp, salmon and onion to the pasta mixture and toss well. Divide among serving dishes. Mix the eggs and croutons and spoon over the salad. Drizzle with dressing and finish with additional Parmesan cheese.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.