We are obsessed with this Warm Salad with Barley Pearl recipe. Try this recipe out for a BBQ with friends and family. Or this can by a great recipe to cook for the kids lunchboxes. Let us know how you liked our Warm Salad with Barley Pearl recipe in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating so others can follow along. Happy Cooking!
- 350 grams barley (pearls)
- 1 pomegranate
- 350 grams butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bunch dill
- 40 grams pecans
- 1 orange juice (and zest)
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamico Bianco
- Cook the barley pearl in salted boiling water until tender.
- Drain, and set aside.
- While the barley is cooking, peel 1/2 of the squash, remove the seeds, and cut into small cubes.
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the squash cubes, and cook for about 15 minutes over high heat, stirring often.
- Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and mix.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- (Do not add salt because the soy sauce has enough).
- In a bowl, pour the cooked barley, add the orange zest and juice.
- Add rapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the diced squash, and half of the chopped dill. Open the pomegranate, remove seeds, and add them to the mixture.
- Fry the pecans for 3 to 4 minutes, break into small pieces, and add to salad.
- Mix all the ingredients in the salad, add salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories630Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.