Lamb is a decadent and rich meat that is packed with flavor. This recipe for Warm Lamb Salad with Oriental Flavors is a packed with palate pleasing spices and ingredients. You can cook the lamb in broth or you can bake it depending on your preference. Be sure to use dried apricots in this recipe for the best flavor. Be sure to pick up these ingredients this week so you can surprise your family with a dish that is out of this world.
- 600 grams lamb (cooked in broth or baked)
- 260 grams bulgur (you can also use semolina)
- 4 teaspoons harissa sauce (not too strong, bought in an Arab butcher if possible)
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 dried apricots (without preservatives therefore darker)
- 2 red peppers
- 2 courgettes
- 15 mint leaves
- 30 grams pine nuts
- Cook the bulgur in twice its volume of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes. When the water has evaporated, cover the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F, cut red peppers lengthwise, remove the stems and seeds. Place them skin side up on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes until the skin starts to blacken and swell a little. Remove from oven and place them in a closed plastic bag. Cool for 10 minutes so you can easily remove the skin. Set aside.
- Place the dried apricots in a bowl and cover with boiling water for 30 minutes, then drain and cut in half lengthwise.
- Cut the zucchini fairly thin and grill on both sides in a cast iron pan brushed with olive oil.
- Brown the pine nuts in a skillet. Set them aside.
- Cut the lamb into small cubes and put in a large bowl. Add harissa, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a little salt. Mix well to coat the pieces. Gently cook in a skillet.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of bulgur to each bowl, top with the lamb, zucchini, peppers and apricots. Garnish with mint leaves and pine nuts.