Warm Fava Bean SaladCasseroles et claviers
Fava beans are a hearty and bold bean that acts as a great base for this salad. Bacon, scallions, and sun-dried tomatoes accent the beans perfectly for a savory salad that is perfect for enjoying in the summer. A simple balsamic vinaigrette brings all of these ingredients together and adds a bit of tartness. You can serve this as is, over a bed of grains, or with a piece of grilled meat for a filling dinner.
- 1 1/2 kilograms fresh fava bean (in their pods or, off season 400 gr. peeled frozen fava beans)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fleur de sel
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons caviar (dried tomato, find it in fresh produce aisle or dried tomatoes, tapenade and anchovy aisle)
- 1 spring onions (with its stem, finely chopped)
- 125 grams smoked bacon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1When using fresh beans, shell them and plunge them into boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and remove the skin from the beans.
- 2If using frozen beans, cook as directed on the bag. If they are not peeled, remove their skin.
- 3In a bowl, mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, dried tomato caviar and finely chopped onion.
- 4Add the still warm beans.
- 5In a skillet, brown the bacon, without adding any fat.
- 6When cooked, remove the pan from heat and use some fat from the pan to glaze the bacon along with balsamic vinegar.
- 7Add the bacon and vinegar to the bowl and mix.
- 8Serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories530Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.