Warm Beet Salad with MintO Meu Tempero
Beets are wonderful in when used to make warm salads such as this one, and they are always a great way to perk up meals with their deep color and sweet, earthy taste. Here the beets are boiled until tender and then peeled and diced before sauteing with shallot and diced cooked caroots, with Worcestershire as the seasoning. Fresh mint is a bright garnish. Serve as part of a vegetarian spread or as an accompaniment to pork or chicken.
- 4 beets
- 2 large carrots
- olive oil
- 1 shallots
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- ground black pepper
- 1Boil unpeeled beets in boiling, salted water until knife tender.
- 2Drain well and let cool slightly.
- 3Peel and dice coarsely.
- 4Cook peeled carrots until knife tender.
- 5When done, cut into large cubes.
- 6Heat a little olive oil in a skillet and sauté shallot sliced lengthwise.
- 7Add Worcestershire and sauté the beets and carrots briefly.
- 8Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in mint leaves, to taste. Serve hot.