With all the density, taste, and color that you want in a nut cake, this Walnut and Ricotta Cake is a sweet treat with a slightly savory flavor. Chopped walnuts add a delightful texture and flavor element to this cake made with ricotta cheese. Sweetened with raw sugar and made with whole wheat flavor, this Walnut and Ricotta Cake is a great option if you are looking for something on the healthier side of sweet.
- 150 grams ricotta cheese (cow milk)
- 150 grams raw sugar
- 100 grams whole wheat flour
- 50 grams flour
- 40 grams ground walnuts (finely)
- 2 eggs
- 50 milliliters soy milk
- 25 grams softened butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- rum (as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the ricotta cheese through a sieve and mix it with the raw sugar. It is possible to use an immersion blender, blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the softened butter and the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the rum and the soy milk.
- Combine the two types of flour with the baking powder and add them to the batter, next add the walnuts.
- Stir just enough to combine.
- Butter and flour a bundt pan and pour the batter inside.
- Bake the cake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
|Calories490Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.