Walnut and Ricotta CakeLe ricette di Micol
With all the density, taste, and color that you want in a nut cake, this Walnut and Ricotta Cake is a sweet treat with a slightly savory flavor. Chopped walnuts add a delightful texture and flavor element to this cake made with ricotta cheese. Sweetened with raw sugar and made with whole wheat flavor, this Walnut and Ricotta Cake is a great option if you are looking for something on the healthier side of sweet.
- 150 grams ricotta cheese (cow milk)
- 150 grams raw sugar
- 100 grams whole wheat flour
- 50 grams flour
- 40 grams ground walnuts (finely)
- 2 eggs
- 50 milliliters soy milk
- 25 grams softened butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- rum (as needed)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Put the ricotta cheese through a sieve and mix it with the raw sugar. It is possible to use an immersion blender, blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 3Add the softened butter and the eggs, one at a time.
- 4Add the rum and the soy milk.
- 5Combine the two types of flour with the baking powder and add them to the batter, next add the walnuts.
- 6Stir just enough to combine.
- 7Butter and flour a bundt pan and pour the batter inside.
- 8Bake the cake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- 10Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.