Here's a grown up take on the childhood favorite, icebox cake, made with the those "famous" chocolate wafers and sweetened whipped cream. Here, the wafers are dipped in freshly brewed and cooled (and strong) coffee before layering with a custard made by beating egg yolks, sugar, and butter together until very creamy. The assembled loaf is also then completely covered in this cream and garnished with cookie crumbs and coffee beans.
- 2 packages wafer ("Maria")
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- coffee (to taste)
- coffee beans
- 1Beat the egg yolks, sugar and butter very well until the mixture is creamy.
- 2Make strong coffee.
- 3Next, dip the cookies one by one in the coffee, not too hot, and leave to cool.
- 4Place a first row of biscuits on a plate.
- 5Spread the cream over the whole outside of the cake and sprinkle with the grated wafer, decorating with coffee beans.