Violet Candy CheesecakeRecetas del Señor Señor
Here's a special-occasion cheesecake that's certain to impress--and please all the purple lovers in your life. Violet candy is the secret to achieving the singular hue of the jamlike topping that's thickened with gelatin; more candy is incorporated into the cream-cheese filling. The crust is your standard graham-cracker and butter version, but the cake itself is anything but, and would be that something special at a bridal or baby shower, birthday celebration, or wedding party.
- 12 graham crackers
- 75 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 325 grams candy (C. Howard violet)
- 7 leaves gelatin (sheets)
- 125 milliliters milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 500 milliliters whipping cream
- 1Crush the crackers with the help of a food processor or by hand.
- 2Melt the butter in the microwave and mix it with the crushed crackers. Add the vanilla and stir well.
- 3Place in a pie plate and press the mix down to create a solid crust. Refrigerate for up to an hour to harden.
- 4Crush the candies in the food processor until only a powder remains.
- 5Hydrate the gelatin sheets in cold water for 4 minutes.
- 6Add the milk and cream cheese to a pot and simmer until it melts. Stir with a whisk to remove lumps.
- 7Drain 5 of the gelatin sheets and add to the milk. Stir to dissolve the sheets. Remove from the stove and set aside.
- 8Whip the cream using an electric mixer. Both the cream and the bowl should be cold. Once whipped, add half of the candy powder and whip for another 30 seconds.
- 9Mixed the whipped cream and the milk and cream cheese mixture, being careful to keep it light and fluffy.
- 10Pour it on the crust. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours to solidify.
- 11Heat 120 grams of water add the remaining candy powder and the remaining hydrated gelatin sheets. Stir thoroughly to stop lumps from forming. Let it cool.
- 12Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and pour the cool jelly on top. Refrigerate for another hour and a half and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1000Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.