You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Spicy Sauce combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 50 grams rice noodles
- 5 chinese black mushrooms (hydrated, Judas ear)
- 1 leeks (medium)
- 1/2 carrots
- 2 onions (small)
- 4 leaves chinese cabbage
- 100 grams ground pork
- 100 grams peeled prawns
- ginger (A little bit of)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons black sesame oil
- lettuce leaves (Iceberg)
- spring rolls (wrappers, small)
- sunflower oil (for frying)
- 6 chile pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 shallots
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- For the filling, soak mushrooms in a bowl of very hot water for 10 minutes.
- Break dry noodles with hands. Soak noodles in very hot water for 3 minutes.
- Fry ground pork.
- Coarsely chop all ingredients, except the noodles.
- Pulse mixture in a food processor, adding ground pork at the end.
- Mix noodles into mixture.
- Place filling in the middle of spring roll wrappers and roll up to form rolls.
- Fry rolls in plenty of hot sunflower oil.
- For the hot sauce, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- To control the spice level of sauce, remove seeds from chile peppers.