- 4 rice (wrappers)
- 12 tiger prawn (peeled, deveined)
- 30 grams rice vermicelli
- thai basil (some)
- beansprouts (some)
- carrots (finely julienned)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 chillies (red birdeye, sliced)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- coriander (some chopped, optional)
- Soak the rice vermicelli in warm water until they turn soft, then drain them.
- Fill a bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper at a time into the water for about 1-2 second to soften.
- Lay the wrapper on a dry chopping board or dinner plate. The rice paper should become pliable within seconds.
- In a row across the centre, put 3 prawns, some vermicelli, carrots, bean sprouts, and a few leaves of basil. Leaving about 4-5cm on each side.
- Fold the sides inward, then start to roll tightly and firmly from the end that is near to you into a cylinder, enclosing the filling completely.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- For the dipping sauce, mix all the ingredients and stir well until the sugar dissolves. Then, put in chopped coriander.
- Serve spring rolls with dipping sauce.