- 2 cups oil (+ 2 tbsp)
- 1 shallot (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 7 ounces ground pork
- 5 1/4 ounces prawns (peeled, deveined and finely chopped)
- 2 ounces hot water (glass noodles, soaked in, for 1-2 mins then drained and finely chopped)
- 2 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 50 sheets frozen spring roll wrappers (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 tbsp water)
- 2 red chilies (small, deseeded and sliced)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash lime juice
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and sauté shallot and garlic for 2 mins. Add ground pork and brown. Add prawns and sauté until browned. Add noodles, mushrooms, spring onion, cilantro, chili sauce and 1 tbsp fish sauce and cook for 1 min. Season with salt, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Lay spring roll wrappers on a clean work surface and top each with 1 tsp pork mixture. Roll up, brush ends with cornstarch slurry and press down gently. Heat remaining oil to 350°F. Fry spring rolls in batches for 2-3 mins each, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, mix chilies, sugar, 4 tbsp fish sauce, 4 tbsp water and a dash of lime juice. Serve with spring rolls.
|Calories480Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.