- nuoc cham dipping sauce
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1 red chili (seeded, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons carrot (peeled and grated, optional)
- vermicelli (Chicken)
- 8 ounces glass noodles
- 10 1/2 ounces ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons creamed coconut
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped, plus extra to serve)
- 1 3/4 ounces water chestnuts (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely grated)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- mint leaves (to serve)
- chili (sliced, to serve)
- To make the dipping sauce, pound the garlic and chili to a paste in a mortar and pestle (or mince together with a knife). Transfer to a bowl and add 1/2 cup of hot water and the sugar. Stir well. Add the fish sauce and lime juice and mix to combine. Float the carrot on top, if using, and set aside for 15-30 mins for flavors to infuse.
- Prepare the noodles according to the packet directions. Drain well and cut into 5cm lengths with scissors.
- Combine noodles, chicken, creamed coconut, cilantro, water chestnuts, fish sauce, ginger and eggs. Mix well, then spoon into a greased bowl that will fit into a steamer. Cover with a lid and steam over rapidly boiling water for 20 mins, until cooked and firm.
- Invert noodle mixture onto a serving plate and top with extra cilantro, mint and chili. Slice and serve with the nuoc cham dipping sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.