Viennese Hot Chocolate with CinnamonChloé Delice
Sometimes your sweet tooth wins and you need to satisfy a craving fast. This rich and decadent recipe for Viennese Chocolate with Cinnamon is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. The rich hot chocolate is the perfect way to come in from a long day of playing in the snow. Garnish this sweet treat with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon and white chocolate chips for an extra layer of sweetness. Why not grab the ingredients next time you are shopping?
- milk (40 cl.)
- 6 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 125 grams cream
- 25 grams powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
- 1Refrigerate a metal bowl and whisk for 1 hour.
- 2Pour the cream into the cold bowl and beat. When it begins to get fluffy, add powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- 3Stop beating when the cream forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate.
- 4Heat milk in a saucepan.
- 5Add cocoa powder and cinnamon to the bottom of the mugs (for 1 mug: 3 teaspoons chocolate and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon).
- 6Pour boiling milk through a sieve into mug, and gently mix.
- 7Then, using a piping bag, garnish the hot chocolate with a ball of whipped cream.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and white chocolate chips.