Victoria Sponge CakeKitchenAid
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 200 grams self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- milk (Splash of, if the mixture is too stiff)
- strawberry jam (Good quality)
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 300 grams soft cheese
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 140 grams unsalted butter
- 280 grams powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Put oven on to Gas Mark 4, 180C.
- 2Soften butter in Kitchen Aid.
- 3Add the sugar and mix in.
- 4Break the eggs into a small bowl and mix with a fork – slowly added to the KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Mixer bowl.
- 5When everything is mixed, add the flour.
- 6Grease the baking dish with butter and line greaseproof paper.
- 7Place in oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- 8Take out of oven one cake is golden brown (pierce with fork or knife to check it’s cooked inside.
- 9Leave cake halves to rest until cool.
- 10Spread bottom half with cream cheese.
- 11Spread with jam.
- 12Put two cakes together to make a sandwich.
- 13Spread cream cheese icing on top, decorate with strawberries et voila!