Victoria Coffee and Banana CakeMarmita
Creamy, decadent, and fresh, this recipe for Victoria Coffee and Banana Cake will make any springtime party a tasty one. Creamy honey sweetened yogurt and fresh banana slices are sandwiched between two layers of sponge lightly flavored with coffee, which contrast the sweetness of the bananas beautifully. Sprinkled with powdered sugar for an elegant finishing touch, this Victoria Coffee and Banana Cake will be a sweet and welcome addition to any brunch, afternoon tea, or potluck.
- 200 grams self rising flour
- 25 grams corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 200 grams white sugar
- 1 cup coffee (Delta Colombia, grounds)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 natural yogurt
- 1 honey (strand of)
- 2 bananas (medium)
- powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease two 21 centimeter round cake pans, and sprinkle with flour.
- 3Sieve the flour with the corn starch and baking powder.
- 4In a blender or food processor, beat the butter with the sugar until you get a whitish cream, add the coffee, and then the eggs, one at a time without stopping the blender.
- 5Add the flour, and finally the milk if the dough is very thick.
- 6Pour the dough into the cake pans, and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Remove from oven, let rest for 10 minutes, unmold, and let cool completely.
- 8On one of the cakes, spread yogurt mixed with a little honey. Place sliced bananas on top. Finally, sprinkle powdered sugar on each, and a little yogurt. Cover the bottom cake with the top, coat the top with powdered sugar, and place a few slice of banana in the center.
PER SERVING *
|Calories910Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.