Vichy CarrotsO Meu Tempero
Glazed carrots are a delicious accompaniment to practically any type of roast, including beef, lamb, pork, and poultry, the root vegetable's natural sweetess enhanced by being cooked with sugar (and butter). The method here ensures that the carrots end up tender and nicely coated at the same time, since the water will evaporate and the flavors concentrate during the brief cooking time. Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley is an essential garnish.
- 2 large carrots
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt (to taste)
- 1Cut the carrots in even slices.
- 2Place the sliced carrots in a small saucepan, add just enough water to cover them.
- 3Add sugar and butter.
- 4Cook on medium heat until the water almost evaporates, and the carrots are well cooked.
- 5Garnish with parsley to serve.
- 6Use to accompany a variety of meat, poultry, or pork platters.