Very Surprising Vitamin Filled SoupOn dine chez Nanou
A delicious way to get the vitamins you need. This soup is not only nutritious, but it’s filling to, made with ingredients that will satisfy your hunger. Bacon flavor permeates the dish, cooking into the potatoes and carrots. Lentils are bulk. This one entree will fill your entire family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 400 grams carrots (mix of yellow and orange carrots, chunks)
- 200 grams potatoes (chunks)
- 20 grams fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 300 milliliters fresh orange juice
- 100 grams lentils (coral)
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 prunes
- fresh coriander (for garnish)
- 1Heat olive oil in a small saucepan, and brown the onion over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add carrots, potatoes, ginger, coriander, and cinnamon.
- 2Mix, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add orange juice and 600 ml of water.
- 4Add salt to taste, and cook covered for 25 minutes.
- 5Gradually, add soup to blender, and blend to as smooth as possible.
- 6Meanwhile cook the lentils according to the package instructions (be careful, they cook very quickly, in approximately 15 minutes), drain, and set aside.
- 7Cut each slice of bacon in half, and wrap each prune in a slice of bacon.
- 8Brown prunes in a dry skillet, or in the oven.
- 9Pour the soup in bowls.
- 10Add lentils to each bowl.
- 11Add 2 cooked prunes to each bowl.
- 12Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.