- 1 package Pillsbury Moist Supreme Strawberry Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (divided)
- 1/2 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Smucker’s Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread (divided)
- 12 strawberries (fresh, halved, for garnish)
- For Cupcakes: HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon lemon peel. Divide evenly into muffin cups.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Strawberry Frosting: BEAT shortening and cream cheese in large bowl on medium speed with electric mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in 1/3 cup fruit spread and remaining lemon peel. Beat 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- REMOVE cupcakes from paper liners. Cut cupcakes in half crosswise using a serrated knife. Spread 1 rounded teaspoon of remaining fruit spread on bottom halves. Replace top halves. Place frosting in decorator bag fitted with a star decorating tip (1M). Frost cupcakes by starting at outside edge, working in a circular motion moving towards center to build up frosting, creating a swirl effect. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.
|Calories170Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.