- 6 pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 acorn squash (medium, cut into 6 round slices)
- 1/4 cup butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pear nectar
- 1 pear (large, sliced thinly or chopped)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- maple syrup (if desired)
- Combine flour and seasonings; reserve 2 tablespoons. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Coat each pork chop in flour mixture; brown over medium-high heat about 2 minutes per side. Arrange pork chops in 13x9-inch baking dish. Top each pork chop with 1 slice squash.
- To the skillet that chops were in, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in reserved 2 tablespoons flour mixture and brown sugar. Gradually add pear nectar. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in pear and raisins; simmer 5 minutes. Pour over pork chops, cover. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Drizzle with maple syrup if desired.