You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Vermicelli Salad with Scallops combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- rice vinegar
- 60 grams rice vermicelli noodles
- peeled prawns
- onion (A little bit of)
- chilli (A little bit of)
- fish sauce
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 scallops (medium)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add a dash of mirin and a little rice vinegar.
- Blanch prawns and noodles for about two minutes, drain and place in cold water and drain again.
- Season the noodles with onion, pepper and finely chopped chives, mirin, rice vinegar and fish sauce.
- Grate zest from lime over mixture and set aside. Heat a few drops of olive oil in a pan.
- Carefully pat dry scallops with paper towel.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper and sear over high heat for a few seconds on each side.
- Scallops should be undercooked in the center.
- Add scallops to the vermicelli salad and serve immediately.